Assignment from nickkynickky
Final Project: Case Study: The Virtual Police Department
Read the document in the course syllabus under Course Resources labeled “Final Project Background.” This document describes the Virtual Police Department; a medium-sized police department with an average amount of crime.
You will write a 7-10-page report (cover page and bibliography not included in page count) that addresses the issues and problems listed. The paper must:
- Identify at least four (4) most critical issues/problems facing the Virtual Police Department. For each of these issues:
- a. Describe how the history of the agency has contributed to any of these issues/problems
- b. Discuss how the agency culture has contributed to any of the selected issues/problems
- c. Discuss how the department is organized and managed
- Discuss the demographic differences in the community and the police department, and what strategies could be implemented to make the agency more reflective of the community
- Provide an analysis of the crime statistics, trends and patterns
- Discuss possible solutions to each of the other issues/problems selected from the case study with specific reference to changes to the VPD culture, organization and management, crime reduction and case closure
NOTE: References must include the text and at least three (3) external scholarly sources, (textbooks or reference publications, peer-review articles, which support the points made in the report. Scholarly sources do not include news articles, text produced solely for the Internet, Wikipedia, etc. See Library Services for assistance in this area.
Formatting requirements: Your report should include:
- a cover page with your name, project title, course, and date submitted
- an introductory section that explains the purpose of the paper
- the body of the paper, which addresses four (4) issues/problems as outlined above.
- a minimum of seven (7) maximum of 10 FULL narrative pages, not including cover page and references page and submit to the assignments folder.
- The composition may be a combination of outline and narrative with outline statements separated by no more than double spacing, 12 pt. font, and 1 inch margins.
- Resources, including course materials, must be cited both in the narrative and on a separate Resources page, using APA citation rules.
- Each item listed on the Resources page must also be cited at least once in the narrative to show where in the narrative the item was applied.
- At the instructor’s discretion, this project may be submitted to Turnitin or other service for verification of originality.