Please analyze Southwest Airlines, identify the reasons why thecompany has been successful in the unattractive industry, and predictits future. You need to research the company, using a variety ofreliable sources such as books, journal articles, library database,trustworthy news media, credible Web sources, etc. After collectingrelevant information, you need to evaluate and draw conclusions based ondeductive reasoning. Your response should include the followingsegments:
- Operational overview of Southwest Airlines. Why is the company so successful?
- Current economic condition of the airline industry. How would this affect Southwest Airlines?
- Current operational issues or challenges within Southwest Airlines. How can Southwest Airlines take on the issues or challenges?
- Trends for the future within the operational segment. How can Southwest Airlines remain competitive in the future?
Toeffectively address the above questions, you are expected to write anevaluation essay (with the headings preferred) using deductivereasoning. Here are a few tips:
- Thepurpose of an evaluation essay is to present an opinion or viewpoint ona subject or body of work. The writer should firstly provide a summaryof the company in question, then present a point-of-view supported withclear examples and evidence, using a thorough, well-structured argumentso that the evaluation seems reasoned and unbiased.
- Deductivereasoning starts with a general principle and deduces that it appliesto a specific case. Deductive reasoning moves with exacting precisionfrom the assumed truth of a set of premises to a conclusion which cannotbe false if those premises are true. Explain the deductive reasoningprocess applied to analyze the firm’s performance.
Please type up answers in MS Word, font 12, double-spaced. The assignment must be at least three pages in length.
Remember to properly cite all your sources using APA style.