Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Discuss in full what types of conditions or factors might exist within an organization that will likely require firm and specific guidance.
- Discuss in detail at least 3 examples, and explain why each would benefit from stricter oversight (For example, safe-handling procedures for employees in a chemical company).
- What types of operational or security-related activities in an organization would benefit more from little or no externally-prescribed standards?
- Name and discuss in detail at least 3 examples.
- Why do you believe that these activities should be less regulated, and how will security and safety benefit from more flexibility in standards?
- Return to Line-Tel’s scenario from the week’s lesson. Click on the following link for the scenario: Line-Tel Scenario.
- Assuming the role of the corporate-level (that means oversight of all personnel and facilities) vice president for corporate security, identify, describe, and make persuasive arguments about 3 specific activities, programs, or initiatives in the company that you would argue should receive the highest priority for resourcing and attention.
- How did you select these priorities?
- How would you win approval and support for designating any one of these a priority?