Protecting organizational assets and information within the company hasbecome a top priority for many organizational leaders.
Review the article titled “Missed Alarms and 40 Million Stolen Credit CardNumbers: How Target Blew It”, located here http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-03-13/….
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Determine the fundamental challenges that organizations face in general inregard to protecting organizational assets and information.
- Specify the red flag(s) that Target overlooked or ignored before the retailattack and give your opinion as to why Target overlooked or ignored the redflag(s).
- Determine the main actions that Target took after the breach occurred andevaluate the efficiency of such actions.
- Conclude the main reasons why the attack on Target occurred. Give youropinion as to whether or not the attack was mainly due to the poorinfrastructure or the inability of management to act accordingly. Justify yourresponse.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and otherWebsites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA orschool-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page andthe reference page are not included in the required assignment pagelength.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Outline the strategic implications of information assurance and security inan information technology environment.
- Explain how information technology systems influence organizationalstrategies.
- Outline the challenges and strategies of e-Business and e-Commercetechnology.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in aglobal context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in informationsystems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems fordecision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.