Please choose one story from the two below and answer any 4 questions about the story you chose and write 100 words respond for each question with very simple writing. The stories can be found online.
1- story #1 “The Lottery” by Jackson
2- Story # 2“The Cask of Amontillado”(1846) by Edgar Allan Poe
Choose Only one story
1. List three symbols from the story. What makes you think they are symbols? What do you think they mean?
2. What is the mood of Gregor’s family at the end of the story? Why? How does their mood at the end compare to the way they feel at the beginning?
3. Which characters grow in this story? How? Why?
4. As a man, how did Gregor define pleasure? How did he define it as a creature?
5. What is “comic” in this story? Why does it strike you as funny or absurd?
6. Why does Gregor turn into a bug? Why not a pony or a kitten?