Because good writing is always a process, our persuasive essay willbe written in two parts: a first draft due this week and a final draftdue in week 6. Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length.
As you prepare, here are a few reminders for this week’s draft:
- In week 3 you posted a thesis for peer review. Use the revisedthesis, based on your classmates’ and teacher’s feedback as the basisfor your persuasive paper.
- Use your sources to support your thesis. Research and prepare thepassages you will consider using. Remember to review methods ofparaphrasing, summarizing, and using direct quotations.
- Prepare the body paragraphs by deciding where to place supportinginformation. Remember, each paragraph of the paper should act to buildthe momentum of the argument.
- Apply pathos, logos, and ethos whenever possible.
- Finally, remember that it’s okay if your ideas, opinions, or sourceschange during process of writing this paper. Writing makes us think,and it’s fine – even beneficial – to have our thoughts change as weexpress them on paper.
My thesis statement is about animal cruelty.
Every day animal’s are abused and its simply ignored.Humans think it’s okay to take out their sick actions on these helplessanimals. Just because they cannot talk. Animal cruelty issues are thepeople’s issues. When animals are abused the people are at riskas well. 13% of intentional animal abuse cases involve domestic abuseviolence. Animal cruelty is no longer a little issue, this can lead tolong term psychological effects to not only the animals but the humansas well. This leaves the animals hopeless, hurt and feeling abandoned.The animals are silent. We are the voice for the animals