Based on the readings this week (linked at bottom if you would like to review) with special attention to Tobin’s (2013) article, (linked below) define what is meant by organizational culture and how it is created, influenced, and changed based on globalization. Provide an example of an organization with which you are familiar (e.g., your gym, church, workplace, or a well-known organization) and describe how that organization has changed, or not changed, its organizational culture due to globalization.
Tobin, B. (2013). Don’t try to change anyone and eight other ways to lead global organizational development. Development and Learning in Organizations, 27(6), 10-13. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/DLO-08-2013-0058
- Bersin, J. (2012). It’s not the CEO, it’s the leadership strategy that matters. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshbersin/2012/07/30/its-not-the-ceo-its-the-leadership-strategy-that-matters/
- Charan, R., & Colvin, G. (2010). Directors: A harsh new reality. Fortune, 162(6), 97-100.
- Hansen, M. T., Ibarra, H., & Peyer, U. (2013). The best-performing CEOs in the world. Harvard Business Review, 91(1), 81-95.
- Maxwell, W. J. (2006). Leaders developing leaders. Human Resource Planning, 29(4), 5-7.
- Sonnenfeld, J., Kusin, M., & Waltonz, E. (2013). What CEOs really think of their boards. Harvard Business Review, 91(4), 98-106.