Write 4–6 pages in which you propose a policy that an organization can implement to address an ethical issue you have identified. Also, analyze and recommend a strategy for communicating the policy and describe its potential limitations, as well as strategies for its monitoring and compliance.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
1: Evaluate the parameters for ethical decision-making in 21st century multicultural business environments.
- Competency 2: Assess the impact of corporate social responsibility policy.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively.
- Support a corporate policy recommendation for business ethics policies and standards with well-reasoned analysis and specific examples.
- Recommend a strategy for communicating a policy to the organization in a manner that meets the needs of an audience.
Rendtorff, J. D. (2009). Responsibility, ethics and legitimacy of corporations. Copenhagen, Denmark: Copenhagen Business School Press. Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com.library.capella.edu/lib/cap…
- Part 5 is particularly applicable to this assessment.
Imagine that the CEO of an organization has asked the human resources department to review the company’s policies. You, personally, have been asked to propose a policy that the organization can implement to address an ethical issue you have identified. You may use the organization and issue you have used in the other course assessments.
- Recommend a policy that resolves the ethical issue you have identified.
- Evaluate ethical decision making models and associated parameters applicable to the recommended policy.
- Assess how the recommended corporate policy is socially responsible.
- Support the recommended policy with well-reasoned analysis and specific examples.
- Analyze and recommend a strategy for communicating the policy to the organization in a manner that meets the needs of the audience.
- Describe potential limitations of the policy, and strategies for monitoring and compliance.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font: Arial, 10-point.