Assignment 2: Challenges in the Global Business Environment
Due Week 9 and worth 330 points
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global businessenvironment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices,failure to embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition amongbusinesses. Imagine that you have been appointed as Apple’s ChiefCompliance Officer and must prepare a video presentation for Apple’ssuppliers regarding Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct to deliver via aweb meeting. To prepare for your presentation, review Apple’s SupplierCode of Conduct, located at https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/.Next, use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional videorecorder to record a maximum of a five to seven (5-7) minute dynamicvideo on Apple’s Code of Conduct. Alternatively, you may submit a fourto six (4-6) page paper instead of the video submission.
In addition to the recorded video, you must also create apresentation using PowerPoint (or other equivalent software) summarizingthe important changes and explanations regarding the code of conductthat you communicated in your video presentation to email to thesuppliers after the meeting for future reference.
You must submit both parts of the assignment to receive full credit.
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone youwill need to email the video file to yourself, then save it to acomputer in order to upload to Blackboard. You may want to upload yourvideo to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, if your email will notlet you send a large video file. Dropbox is accessible from allsmartphones and tablets from the Dropbox app.
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, view theKaltura video tutorial found in your online course shell (Week 9).
Please use the following naming convention in the popup window for your video once it is finished uploading:
- Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Challenges in the Business Environment
- Tags: BUS475, Business Environment
- Description: First Name, Last Name – BUS475 Assignment 2 (Date Uploaded ex. 11-14-2014)
Part 1: Video Presentation OR Paper
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5-7) minutes OR write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct inrecent years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
- Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way thatthey will understand the standards that Apple requires in order tomaintain their relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize Apple’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- Discuss Apple’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering workers
- Labor and Human Rights
- Health and Safety
- The Environment
- Identify the key ways that Apple’s Progress Report has changed since last year.
- Examine the manner in which Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct helpsthe organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering the presentation.
- Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your PowerPoint presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide andthree to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art,etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readablefrom 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The title and reference slides are not included in the required slidelength.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APAor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The cover page and the reference page are not included in the requiredassignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.