WEST MEETS EAST MEETS WEST
Great work on this lesson! Now it’s time to complete your assessment. Imagine you are a reporter conducting a unique interview. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad are sitting around a table having lunch with you. You are asking them questions about their respective faiths to inform your readers about the world’s three major monotheistic religions.
Your task is to create reasonable responses to your interview questions for each of these three important figures.
Step 1: Choose four of the following questions to ask Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad:
- Why is the Holy Land an important site for your faith?
- What is your perspective or feelings about the other monotheistic faiths?
- What is the holy book of your faith, and how does it compare to others?
- What types of internal differences and divisions exist within your faith?
- How are the basic beliefs of your faith similar to the other monotheistic faiths?
- How are the basic beliefs of your faith different from the other monotheistic faiths?
Step 2: Now write one additional question of your own to ask these three important people. It should be on a topic from the lessonbut may not repeat any of the previous questions.
Step 3: Using what you learned in the lesson, write a response each for Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad to each of your five questions. Therefore, you will have fifteen individual responses. Each response should contain at least two sentences. View this sample for an idea of what one interview question and responses could look like.