Defining and understanding the elements of a group culture is essential to forging a professional identity either online or in person. These elements are important because they reflect how professionals interact, whether online or in person.
In this Assignment, you will write a descriptive report about the industry culture of a group of people within the workplace, preferably your career field industry culture. Please note that this focus should not be on racial or ethnic cultures.
Search using individual internet research and complete an essay (in at least 400 words), that investigates a cultural group in your desired field. Describe what the industry group is like in your own words with support from any outside source information you have found. Be sure to cite and reference in APA format any outside sources you have used.
The guide below will assist you in structuring your paper:
For this Assignment, you must focus on an industry (profession) culture. For example, lawyer, teacher, police officer, paralegal, psychologist, nurse, administrator, etc.
Below is a clarification of the areas you should focus on for researching your industry (profession) culture for the Unit 7 Assignment.
- Language would focus on these elements in terms of an industry culture. For example, is there a special vocabulary or terminology used for the profession?
- Behaviors – For example, what type of demeanor is expected? Are there body language expectations?
- What are the main ethics rules of the profession?
- What beliefs does the profession focus on as a whole?
- What are the core values of the profession?
- How does this support the attitudes and beliefs of the profession?
- What types of trainings or certifications are needed to continue in the profession?
- Are you required to have a specific level of college degree?
- Do you need to renew a license or certification every several years?
- What types of tools and/or equipment are required for the job?
- Do you need training to use these?
- What other groups will you interact with in the workplace? How will you need to interact with others in the workplace?
Be sure to include a brief introduction and conclusion to the paper. The paper should follow APA formatting guidelines. In addition, research from outside sources to support your work is a required component of this Assignment.