Using this Scenario
You are a former certified education administrator who departed your formerposition to become the owner of a small, in-home day care consisting of you anda part-time assistant where you care for children from age three (3) to age ten(10). Over the course of time, your demographic population has increased due tosignificant business growth that has resulted in many families relocating toyour area. With more businesses projected to move to the area and the buildingof new housing developments, it is projected that this growth could be longterm.
You have decided that this is a good opportunity to expand your day carebusiness as you have received many inquiries for childcare. In order to complywith your home state regulations, you will require a larger facility and willneed to hire additional staff in order to sustain the larger demand for daycare. This staff will consist of five (5) Certified Day Care Professionals, one(1) Registered Nurse Professional, five (5) After-School Assistants and one (1)Office Support Paraprofessional. You have secured approval for a bank loan andqualify for future loans for future expansion if your current endeavor issuccessful. Meanwhile, the state in which you operate has requested that youprovide a staffing plan before it will issue licensure for your expandedcapacity.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of theseassignments.
Using the scenario , writea six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Identify three (3) job requirements (e.g.,needed certifications, previous work experience, external influences, etc.) thatcould apply to your chosen scenario. Determine two (2) ways these requirementscould impact staffing at your organization. Next, suggest one (1) strategy thatyou could utilize to ensure that all applicants meet the identified jobrequirements for your organization. Justify your response.
- Outline a long-term recruitment plan thatcontains at least four (4) components, is aligned with your companyâsrecruitment strategy, but also addresses possible job skill or credentialshortages. Note: Consider concepts such as succession planningand hiring retirees.
- Describe three (3) branding strategies thatyou would employ to attract qualified applicants to your organization. Next,suggest three (3) communication methods that you would utilize to reach out toapplicants. Predict the outcome of integrating your branding strategies andcommunication methods at your organization. Provide a rationale for yourresponse.
- Determine two (2) selection processes forrecruiting new employees that could apply to your chosen scenario and thenidentify five (5) selection criteria that you could use when hiring newemployees. Next, analyze the effect of the five (5) identified selectioncriteria on long-term employee retention and preservation of organizationalknowledge. Justify your response.
- Suggest two (2) assessment methods that youcould employ to select new employees for your organization and then analyze thevalidity and reliability of each method in regards to the job your organizationis offering. Next, identify four (4) job predictors that you believe can assesscandidatesâ knowledge, skills, abilities, and other skills and experiences(KSAOâs). Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources inthis assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formattingrequirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times NewRoman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must followAPA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title ofthe assignment, the studentâs name, the professorâs name, the course title, andthe date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the requiredpage length.
The specific course learning outcomesassociated with this assignment are:
- Explain the role of staffing to support anorganizationâs strategy and improve productivity.
- Explain the planning considerations forstaffing organizations, the use of job analysis, and the components of astaffing plan.
- Develop recruitment plans using bothinternal and external recruitment.
- Design a selection process that incorporatesa variety of assessment methods and a supporting decision method for candidateselection.
- Use technology and information resources toresearch issues in staffing organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about staffingorganizations using proper writing mechanics
Thanks for your help.