Week 2 – Homework Assignment #1
- DueWednesday by8:30pm
- Submittinga file upload
- AvailableOct 17 at 8am – Nov 9 at 8:30pm24 days
Go to Marketwatch.com (Links to an external site.) andsearch (right side of page) out a publicly-traded company. To give youa better experience with this assignment, try to pick a company that isnot too well-known (e.g. avoid Apple, Google, and Walmart). Afteropening the company’s Marketwatch page, answer the following questionsin the form of writing a paper. The paper needs to be at least 2 pages,size 12 font, and double spaced. Remember to appropriately acknowledgeany citations in APA format, however, the citations page does NOT count towards your 2 pages.
1. What is the name of your company and what is their stock symbol?
2. What is your company’s market that the chiefly operate in? Who would likely be their primary competitors?
3. Who are the Officers and Executives that are reported by Marketwatch? Does the CEO or president have a profile? IF they do, click on it and report his or her experience as a leader.
4. What things did you find most interesting in the company’s financial disclosures on the profile page?
5. Now click on SEC Filings tab. How manyreports has the company submitted each year for 2013, 2014, and 2015?What was one of the reports filed in 2015 (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc)? Whatinformation does the report noted provide (i.e. 10-K is a detailedannual filing of the company’s operations and financial data)? Were anyof the submissions, in any of the 3 years, corrections of previousfilings (yes, it can happen)?
6. Now click on the Analyst Estimates tab. Doyou think your company is a good or bad investment? Why would you statethis? Use examples from articles available on the site.